Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

If I Stay - Gayle Forman

Title: If I stay
Series:
If I stay #1
Author:
Gayle Forman
Pages:
Paperback, 259 pages
Publisher:
Penguin Young Readers Group
My Rating
4 Excellent book! Go buy it!

Amazon|Book depository| Goodreads



Summary:

Mia has everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, adoring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. Then, in an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future. Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she has left - the most important decision she'll ever make.

Review:


One moment Mia had a perfect family, supportive and loving parents and a funny and adorable little brother Teddy. Then the next, they're all gone by a tragic accident that took all her family and left her in coma.

The story is about family, friendship and loss with a mixed of music.

Mia's soul was separated from her as she takes that opportunity to observe and watched her love ones come to visit her.

Throughout the story, Mia give us insight about her life as we go take a one day ride back to her past where her family used to live. How her Parents would support her cello lessons, how she met her boyfriend Adam and her best friend Kim and how her mom and dad would tell her stories. How they used to be a happy family.
And by that I was able to learn more about Mia. How she grow up and she started loving music.

Mia also reflects how she might have disappoint her parents, by choosing Classical Music instead of punk rock, where her parents lineage. Not to mention, having this different hair color and eyes color, Mia doesn't feel she belongs to her family at all. But even so, they never fail Mia. They are and will be always there to support her whenever she needs it. All she needs is to ask them to.
And now she lost that chance.
I feel devastated. It's a pity to loss such a perfect family in one tragic accident. I feel sorry for Mia for her loss and even cried for her. Since she’s not able to mourn for her family, I feel like I should mourn for them instead. It pained me to continue reading the book with such a beautiful story yet ended up tragic. I felt her loss and thought it was mine.

But I admire Mia for making such a big decision that I couldn't imagine myself to make. If I were in her shoe, I would have chosen the other. I can't even bring the idea of losing them all in such a one moment.

If I stay - Moved me to the point that it made me cry. I stayed away from the book for awhile because I couldn't take the story to myself. It's just heartbreaking and depressing. The plot is perfect and nice. It’s such a nice story that will made you reflect and think.
Kay-c

Review: Where she went (Sequel)


Share/Save/Bookmark

13 comments:

FairyWhispers said...

great review!

this book is really good eh?

IdentitySeeker said...

I just read about this book when I woke up this morning. A review was also done on another blog I follow. I decided instantly that I just had to read this book. It's been added to my to-read list.

Sam (Tiny Library) said...

I found you through book blogs and I'm now your newest follower :)

I really love the design of your blog, especially the header. Looking forward to reading more of your reviews!

Sam
http://tinylibrary.blogspot.com

flanpnhfpnanfnFN said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower. :)

Come check me out if you get a chance.
www.blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com

Misha said...

Awesome review! I just bought this book. Really want to read it!

Brynne said...

I loved this book! It was heartbreaking and sad but really good. Great review!

Unknown said...

I loved this book so much ! I can't wait to read Where she went! Great review :)

Stephanie H. said...

I felt the same way. I took her loss and felt it as if it were my own too. Which is saying something since I am not close with my parents.
I kept avoiding picking this book up as well because it was so painful to read. Good because of that though.

Dani said...

I want it! I just want it. I loved the summary and your review. Sounds really awesome.

Thanks,
Jaz

newshadeofgreen said...

Great review! I loved this book. So hauntingly beautiful, I can't wait to read Where She Went. I hope it's not as sad though! ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

jayjay said...

I loooove this book!

alovelywriterxo said...

-This book sounds interesting! :] And you're review makes me want to go out and buy this book right now!

Great review! ♥

IdentitySeeker said...

I just got a copy of this book the other day but since it's exam time, I can't read it. I look forward to reading it but I know that it will leave me with a heavy heart. I thought this review really helped me gain a better understanding of what I'm in for.

Sarah

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...