Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Guest Post Monday (1): Author Jennifer Echols

Our latest blog feature: Guest Post Monday. Every Monday we will invite someone from Book Community as our guest and answers one or two questions. It could be author, publisher, librarian, or book blogger like all of you!

 I am happy to announce that we have a guest post from a fantabulous author whom I think is one of the best Contemporary Young Adult author ever! I was so stoked to see her reply to my e-mail 3 hrs after I sent it. She's so kind! *hearts* But moving on. Here is Ms. Jennifer Echols to tell us something about her life before and after being published:


When I was younger I thought about being an author ALL THE TIME. I wrote poems, stories, and the beginnings of novels, and I always entered writing contests at my school and worked on the school newspaper.

My grandmother wanted to be an author, too. In the 1950s she wrote a beautiful story and sent it to a famous literary magazine, The New Yorker. They rejected it, and she never sent anything out again. This affected me two ways. First, someone in my family was creative and took a chance with her art. It never occurred to me that I couldn't do that too. Second, she gave up way too fast! I promised myself that I would not give up when I got rejected.

But it did take me a very long time to get published. When I finally sold a book, I was working at home as a freelance copyeditor and taking care of my son, who was four years old at the time, and I squeezed my writing into my day somewhere. After I got published, none of that changed much! I still work at home as a freelance copyeditor, my son is nine, and I am not sure how I ever find time to write a book. But I do.

The big difference in my life is readers like you telling me that you've enjoyed my work! Writing is a lonely business, and sometimes it's hard to find the motivation to keep going. But with readers letting me know they're looking forward to my next novel, I can always write another word.

Thanks for including me in your blog! I really appreciate it.

Jenn

Jennifer Echols
 _____________________________________________

Visit Jennifer Echols: Website / Blog / Goodreads / Twitter / Facebook

Books by Jennifer Echols:
*images lead to Amazon

Major Crush (Simon Romantic Comedies)The Boys Next Door (Simon Romantic Comedies)Ex Games, The
Forget YouGoing Too FarEndless Summer: The Boys Next Door; Endless Summer (Simon Romantic Comedies)
Also, don't forget to watch out for Jennifer Echols' newest book entitled  
Love Story which will be out on July 2011 in paperback by MTV Books.

Mithee <3

*DISCLAIMER: The Guest Author button was
made using brushes created by redheadstock

You may enter your Guest Post / Interview links in Mr. Linky below. Ancient interviews / guest posts are welcome! ^_^
 

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...