Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Title: Anna And The French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher:
Dutton
Pages:
Hardcover, 372 pages
Rating: 4.5 Almost perfect

Amazon | Goodreads | Book Depository

Summary:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?
Review:
Okay…before I let you know my official review. I had to say this out loud.
Ready?
…okay.

-GOSH! NO WONDER PEOPLE SUDDENLY WANTS TO GO TO PARIS AFTER READING THIS!!
-NO WONDER PEOPLE WENT CRAZY FOR A WEEK WHEN THEY ARE DONE READING THIS!!
-NO WONDER PEOPLE SUDDENLY WANTS THEIR OWN ÉTIENNE ST. CLAIRE! !
-NO WONDER!!!!!!!!
.
.
.
Done! :D

Moving on.
Anna and the French kiss is story about, Anna. Who was
kicked sent away by her dad to france to finish her high school as a senior and so is Anna was forced to make friends there and make and embrace the French’s culture and learn their language. Since she doesn’t have much choice because she is stock there and was left in Paris all alone! Thankfully Meredith rescued her by inviting her to her room and by that simple kindness they two immediately became friends. And Mer introduced Anna to her friends and Anna meet Josh, Rashmi and St. Claire~

The characters are AWESOME~ I mean…in their own way. :D
I mean seriously? Where will you find friends such as them? Rashmi, Mer and Josh. I just thought that they are so supportive~ too friendly and welcoming. When they first met Anna they welcomed her warmly…though not as warm as you thought.

Rashmi – despite her on and off appearance ended up such a good friend and supporter. Josh is too to St. Claire~ and Mer have some issues here but she is too in different ways but she is sweet. I seriously just love the characters here. And adding a good characters plus an addicted story like this is equals to an AWESOME BOOK~!

Anna and St. Claire are cute together! They matched each others humors and everytime they are together I can’t help but be giddy for them~ they just complement each other

JEEZ! I.SO.LOVE.THIS.BOOK!!

You know the funny thing is? I bought the book after seeing people in the goodreads went crazy about this book for the whole week? And as I was watching them, of course I am also reading their comments about how good this book is. Seeing so many good comments about this made me decide to buy this one. So yeah. I decided to buy this one. And then when I had it I tossed it around and leaving it on my bookshelf for a month not wanting to read it at ALL!
AND NOW?! JEEZ!! I REGERETTED NOT READING SOONER AFTER BUYING IT!

This book is so cute that it will leave you wide awake the whole night to the point that you have to force yourself to sleep because you have school tomorrow. Then the morning the only thing in your mind is about the book and decided to bring it to your class and steal some time to read it there while my professor is discussing something that I ended up having no Idea at all! See how dangerous this is?
BUT even so. That didn’t stop me from reading it. I simply can’t let this go! Because if I do that my mind will fly away wondering what will happen next and then I'll realize how I would love to read the book no matter what and where!

The story not only talks about Anna here but it also talks about the culture and the history of France – Such as Point zero, Norte Dame, river Seine etc….Which made me even more determine to go and visit the Paris NOW!

-sigh- I really can’t put enough word to describe how happy I was that I have read this. I am still giddy despite the fact that I am done reading it. And guess what? Every time I hear or read the word ‘French’ and ‘Anna’ all I could think about is this book. Don’t you see how this book damaged my sanity?! Jee! But even so I won’t be tired of reading this book over and over again! REALLY!

But some might be wondering why I gave it 4.5 despite the obvious fact how much I am in love to this book and how much I want to marry this. Well? Yeah…why not Kay-c…why 4.5 instead of 5?
Well simple because of the ending. I want to see more or if possible I’d like to request a sequel of the book! I wasn’t satisfied as how they both ended! I want to see their relationship progress some more! All I witness is how the two build their relationship and how they both ended up where they are now but only as a friend. I want to see more of them in the different level other than Friendship, JEE!

Kay-c


Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

Mrs. DeRaps said...

Yay! I loved it, too! And, I never really thought that I was going to, so it was a huge surprise hit for me. Glad you were as impressed as I was!

Unknown said...

Gosh, you're making want to read this book very badly! I must buy it already!

Olivia said...

I've read so many good reviews on this one, I have to read it! But it's probably one of those books I'll love so much that I have to own a copy, and I'm on a book buying ban :/

Caroline said...

I adored this book too. I'm more than in love with St. Claire. If Anna and him weren't so perfect for each other, I'd want him for myself. Great review. (:

YWLiang said...

I've also read this book and I agree with the part about the ending. I wish for a sequel too! St Claire and Anna are just too cute together, I would of liked to see more development.


Nonetheless, I love this book and it's in my top 10 favorite :)

Laura H. said...

Wow! That good, huh?!?! I have heard a lot of great things about this book but have not read a review before that made we want to read it as bad as after reading your review. Your "passion" for this book has enticed me to add this book to my TBR list. Thanks for the GREAT review.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you loved the book! I loved it too, it was so adorably cute! :D

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

I LOVED this book. It makes me giddy to see other people love it and squee about it just as much as I have. :)

Ελλάδα said...

I won't summarize the book given the other reviews provided, but I will say that how the author builds this relationship makes the ending so much more rewarding. And, of course, being a francophile who was reading this while I was in Paris just made me love the city even more. If I get a chance to go back, I might just have to (re-)visit some of the places mentioned in the book!

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...