Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Evermore - Alyson Noel


Title: Evermore
Series: The Immortals #1
Author:
Alyson Noel
Publisher:
St. Martin's Griffin
Pages: Paperback, 356 pages
Rating: 2.5 - It's fine. You may take it or leave it

Amazon | Goodreads | Book Depository



Summary:


Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste…

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

Review:


The story is about Ever, who lost her family from the car accident caused by a deer. But luckily or maybe unfortunately Ever survived the accident. And ever since that day when she woke up from the accident she started having this weird ability to see people's aura, read their minds and see ghosts. Well at least just her sister's ghost: Riley. Ever transfered to another school and lived with her aunt Sabrine; her father's twin. And having her power made it harder for her to get in contact with people or even touch them. Because if she does she will eventually know their whole life story. So she decided to hide herself inside her hood and listen to her ipod just to distract herself from ever supernatural that is happening around her. Until Damen arrived.

Well? What can I say? I don't pretty much like the story but just forced myself to finish it in one night or if not...then I won't be able to finish it.

I hate how Ever easily give in to every Damen's plea. I hate how easy she is to be manipulated by Damen. And Damen himself for being such a manipulative j***.

Damen on the other hand despite what I think of him as a manipulative one. I still think he is charming and that is why Ever fell for him. And gosh~ I hate it. He is also sexy and a mysterious kind of guy or a puzzle kind of one that you wont get tired of solving. Yet there is an end to it.

Ever is pretty only if she acts like a teenager and not a freak girl. Really. She is I just hate how she tried to cover her pretty face under her hood. But oh well...I guess it was better that way so Damen could be the only one to see her.

There are no interesting characters at all! And the story is a bit predicted. And I also think that the story is a bit common. Though you'll be confused and dizzy about how suddenly things turn out this way and that way. But yeah. I pretty much predicted some which disappoint me because I expected something to this book.

But even though I didn't like the story. That doesn't mean you wont too. Who knows you might like it. So I would still recommend this book to those who are interested. To those who loves mystery/romance YA books. =)

Kay-c


Share/Save/Bookmark

12 comments:

Lucia (iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books) said...

I just got this book from the library this week. Sad to hear you didn't enjoy it that much. Hope I like it. Good thing romance is my thing. :)

Danna (Bananas For Books) said...

Now that I read your review, I'm having the same thoughts. Damen is a manipulator, but he's a hot one:) I think that the series gets better with every book so you should try reading the rest (if you want). Thanks for the honest review!
-Danna

Larisa Papy said...

I've heard a lot about this book.Thanks for the review!

Michelle Flick said...

OK Damen is hot! And I loved the premise of the book. But I did feel like the characters needed more depth, like Ever. I mean the things I could do with a character who lost her entire family, I mean you could really get "down and dirty" with that.
I will say that several of my students have read and are reading this series and they do really like it.

IdentitySeeker said...

I've been meaning to read this book for a long time. However, Blue Moon seems to be more popular. In fact, I had Blue Moon on my list of to-read books for a challenge, only to realise that it was the second book in a series. So now I've moved Evermore to the top of my to-read list.

sarah.setar@gmail.com

Judit said...

I've only read first two books of the Immortals series but I'm not very big fan. Evermore was slightly better than Blue Moon, but I can't seem to relate to Ever and I don't really feel the chemistry between her and Damen. It's a shame, because the whole idea of immortals is great.

ChiKittie said...

I have been wanting to read this series for sometime now and after this review of the book I am going to bump it up higher on my reading list. Thank you the wonderful review. :)

latishajean said...

I liked this book I found myself getting mad at ever alot! but I really like damon and wanted to know more about him! I like Alyson Noel books!Great review thanks!

Ladytink_534 said...

This has been on my TBR list since it first came out. I own the first in the spin-off series but I plan on reading this one first... whenever that will be. I hope I enjoy it more than you did though :(

PiinkPoodle said...

I will be putting this book on my To-Read pile. Thank you for the detailed review. I love mystery/romance YA books. Thank you for the recommendation =)

swttie at gamil dot com

jayjay said...

This is just unbearable to read, gave it a three star tho lol

Lisa said...

*wipes brow* I was expecting a negative review and got it. Phew! Now I can safely tell people that I am 100% never going to read this since I've read 101 bad reviews now. Thanks ;)

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...