Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just one wish by Janette Rallison

Title: Just one wish
Series: None
Author: Janette Rallison
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Pages: Paperback, 272 pages
Rating: 4 - Excellent!

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads

Summary:


Seventeen-year-old Annika Truman knows about the power of positive thinking. With a little brother who has cancer, it's all she ever hears about. And in order to help Jeremy, she will go to the ends of the earth (or at least as far as Hollywood) to help him believe he can survive his upcoming surgery.

But Annika's plan to convince Jeremy that a magic genie will grant him any wish throws her a curve ball when he unexpectedly wishes that his television idol would visit him. Annika suddenly finds herself in the desperate predicament of getting access to a hunky star actor and convincing him to come home with her. Piece of cake, right?

Janette Rallison's proven talent for laugh-out-loud humor, teen romance, and deep-hearted storytelling shines in a novel that will have readers laughing and crying at the same time.
Review:

What If you have an adorable little brother who is about to have his operation for his brain tumor in days? What would you do in order to assure him that everything will be alright? Are you going grant his wishes? If so how far will you go?

Just one wish is a story about a sister. Who would do everything for the sake of encouraging his little brother that the surgery will be okay and he will be fine. So in order to do that. She told her little brother that she has a genie and that genie would grant all of his wishes. Then his brother wished to meet his favorite teen actor from California. She then set off an adventure to meet and convince the actor to visit her little brother before the surgery.

I love characters. Annika is a strong willed girl and a reliable big sister. I love how determine she is on granting her little brother’s wish. Even though she knows that she has zero percent on convincing the busy actor. Plus the security is too tight that it’s so impossible to even slip inside the studio and meet him. But even so she didn’t give up. I also like her best friend Madison. She’s supportive to even accompany annika to all craziness she's doing. So does Jeremy, her parents and the Steve. I don’t have anything to say to him. He is an actor what can I say? And I don’t really understands actors even though its well written here. But since I don’t know how being an actor is, I don’t know how to react. But I like him.

The romance is fast paced but you really can’t tell as you read the story. But if you realize the timeline of the story you’ll realize its fast. But oh well it’s cute so I don’t have anything bad to say. The emotions of the characters especially Annika’s family were real and I felt it I was reading the story. There are funny scenes too and it made me laugh like crazy to the point my mother thinks I’m becoming insane. It also has a moral lesson. And If you think about the story really hard. You’ll realize something to it.

This book isn’t like any other story out there like Girl chasing after boy and screaming and all. No. It definitely is not. It’s about the love of a sister to her troubled little brother. And despite all the trouble she is going through she meet someone who is willing to help her to overcome it all. So far I didn’t like the ending. I was really looking forward to a good ending. I’m not gonna spoil you but…oh well.

But despite it all. I enjoyed the story nevertheless. It’s a quick read book that as you start to read it you’ll forgot to let it go. Anyways because of this I sure am adding Janette Rallison in my fave author list.
Kay-c

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...