Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder


Title: The Day Before.
Series: None
Author: Lisa Schroeder
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Expected publication: June 28th 2011
Pages: 320 Hardcover
Rating: 4 - Excellent!

Source: Simon and Schuster Galley Grab

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads

Summary:

Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.
Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.
The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him. And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.
Review:

I never expected anything from this book. EVER. I thought this would be another boy-meets-girl-in-the-campus-after-running-each-other-in-the-beach thing. But it seems that it proves me wrong. Anyhow I was surprised to know that the story is written in verse. At first I thought that maybe this is a compilation of poetry. Though I do like poem but I was just startled thinking that I might have picked up the wrong galley.

Moving on. I love YA contemporary books such as this one. But I never read any books written by Lisa Schroeder nor books written in verse. So I was reluctant to grab it. But oh well.. I found another good contemporary writer~~

The story is about Amber. Who wants to spent some time alone in the beach where she felt comfortable right before the day her life will change forever. Suddenly when she was strolling around she found Cade. The two suddenly made a connection and soon they spent the whole day together talking about anything but personal things and forgetting the past and thinking about their current situation together. Soon that bond turned to affection. (Honestly? I don’t want to drop anything about this book. It’s too good and I want you guys to read it instead.)

I love Amber and Cade.. Both wants to escape from their current situation at home. When they are together. The two made a deal that while they are together they shouldn’t ask about each others past nor the reason why they spent the whole day away from all the people they know and what they are hiding. But like Amber I also can’t help but wonder what is Cade’s secret that he desperately wants to hide. Cade is sweet and caring guy. And that is what I like about him. I love how close amber and her family is. I love how sweet and loving she is to her mom and sister. Yet she have to leave them.
The plot was fast. The romance between the two is actually fast if you check the timeline. But its perfect in the whole story. And like I said above the way this book was written is unique enough that at first will make you wonder if this book is a compilation of poetry or not. The book reminds me of ‘If I stay’ well in some way. This book gives you different emotions sadness, loneliness, longing, love and satisfaction.

The book is quick read. I finished reading this maybe 2 hour laps. You’ll be also hooked up with the style of writing and a cute plot.

After reading this. I’m will make sure to read Lisa Schroeder books. I recommend this to those people who love Contemporary YA. Maybe to those who love
Invincible Summer and If I stay.

Kay-c



Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...