Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Stolen By Lucy Christopher


Title:
Stolen
Author:
Lucy Christopher
Pages:
299 pages
Publisher:
The Chicken House
My rating:
4 out of 5

Amazon|Book depository| Goodreads

Summary:


Sixteen year old Gemma is kidnapped from Bangkok airport and taken to the Australian Outback. This wild and desolate landscape becomes almost a character in the book, so vividly is it described. Ty, her captor, is no stereotype. He is young, fit and completely gorgeous. This new life in the wilderness has been years in the planning. He loves only her, wants only her. Under the hot glare of the Australian sun, cut off from the world outside, can the force of his love make Gemma love him back? The story takes the form of a letter, written by Gemma to Ty, reflecting on those strange and disturbing months in the outback. Months when the lines between love and obsession, and love and dependency, blur until they don't exist - almost


Review:


Finally~ YES FINALLY! I got a copy of this book! I’ve been waiting like forever to this one. Even asked some of my local bookstore to order a copy for me. Until now 6 Months have passed still no news of the book I wanted so bad. So one day I tried looking for some random books in some other local bookstore here in my country and accidentally stumbled upon this book!! JUST MY LUCK! So of course I bought it right away! No buts and no waits!

Moving on. This story is sad. It foretells about Gemma's experience in the hand of her Captor Ty. She was abducted in the Bangkok Airport when she was ordering a coffee while waiting for their flight to Vietnam with her parents. And was brought in the Middle of the Desert somewhere in Austrilia. She was forced to live with her captor there. Still thinking of way out of the place to go home. Of course Gemma is scared like every girl would feel when they are in Gemma's shoe. Wondering when will her captor decide to kill her or what will he do to you

The story had capture me through the end of the it. And I wasn't surprised to Gemma sudden change of mind about Ty in the end of the story. I mean If I were to put myself in her shoe. I'll be as confused as her not knowing what is real and what is not. Wondering if all he showed to me was all true or part of his plan.

Ty is gentle, kind, thoughtful and so far mysterious and not to mention patient to Gemma. He confused me in the end too. I believed in his feeling for Gemma until someone in the story pointed out about the possibility of Stockholm Syndrome and got me wondering if all of it were true. I hate to admit but I was attracted to him! Like any other readers who have read this book. I think I had Stockholm Syndrome myself too! Who would want to love someone who kidnapped you and brought you in the middle of the dessert suddenly taking away your freedom and wants you to fall in love with him. Selfish right? Ty have issues..like his hallucinating, crazy and somehow frightening.

I believe the reason why he stole Gemma is because he thinks they are alike. Ty only wants to be loved. He's just lonely and i think it was due to his sad background. His parents? the place where he lived? he grow up? and everything he went through. And Seeing Gemma who somehow happens to be like him in some partial way. He just wants to share it with her. The things he have.

I really want to believe that Ty loves Gemma. I mean through out the story. Ty was showing his ability to hurt Gemma, to abuse her, to kill her, but he didn't. He cared for her so much. Or I think he is. Or is his so called love for her even true? Or is it part of his madness? I’m not sure now but I want to think he is!

The ending was sad. It's not like I was thinking of a Happy ever After ending. But its just that I took Gemma's adventure as mine. And knowing and finding out the truth in the end suddenly took a piece of my heart and made me confused and suddenly wants to cry :(.

Kay-c
~


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...