Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Guest Post Monday (3): Andrea Cremer - Author of Nightshade

Guest Post Monday is a feature we started here at The Deranged Book Lovers where in we invite authors or bloggers to do a guest post with us.

For the first Monday of the new year *cue fireworks*, we have Andrea Cremer, the author of Nightshade, to tell us something about her life before and after getting published.


My 'day job' is as a history professor at Macalester College in St. Paul. I love teaching and my research is on the intersection of gender, religion, and violence in the ealry modern Atlantic world (1500-1800). I'd always loved writing, but I didn't think it was something you could do for a 'real job.' In the summer of 2008, I was in a horseback riding accident that left me on crutches for twelve weeks. Since I could do anything other than sit on the couch I decided to try something I'd always dreamed of: writing a novel. Once I started writing I couldn't stop and I knew I wanted more than anything else to become an author.


I'm still teaching at Macalester and writing Nightshade has taught me that I'm able to bring my two passions, history and fantasy, together in my novels.
____________________________________________________ 


Visit the author: Goodreads / Website / Twitter / Blog

Books by Andrea Cremer:
Nightshade: Book 1Wolfsbane: A Nightshade Novel 

The Nightshade Series:
Nightshade Prequel: Shadow Days (Review)
Book 1: Nightshade (Review)
Book 2: Wolfsbane (To be released on July 2011)
Book 3: Bloodrose (To be released on 2012)
Mithee <3

*DISCLAIMER: The Guest Author button was
made using brushes created by redheadstock

You may enter your Guest Post / Interview links in Mr. Linky below. Ancient interviews / guest posts are welcome! ^_^
 
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

bibliophile brouhaha said...

I always love reading any posts by Andrea - big fan of Nightshade, and I can't wait for Wolfsbane!

-Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

aurora M. said...

Love when you get a chance to know an author...I wanted this book for x ams but alas....nada. So with my borders card it WILL be my next purchase.

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...