Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Guest Post Monday (5): Kimberly Derting

Today, we have Kimberly Derting, author of the Body Finder series, to talk to us about life before and after getting published.

I’ve known that I wanted to write since I took 7th grade journalism in junior high. Of course, I was pretty sure I didn’t want to be a journalist since they have to cover big events like wars and droughts and epidemics. I’m more of a stay-in-my-clean-safe-house-and-make-stuff-up kind of gal. Thankfully, that worked out for me!

Before I was published my life was so…calm. There were no deadlines, no revisions, no author signings or tours, no interviews or Twittering. I used to have something called: free time. But would I trade it for anything??? Heck no!

Once I was published (or at least under contract), I had to learn to manage my time. Which basically means I had to stop messing around and put myself on a schedule. I’m (still) learning to balance that fine line between work and family. Unfortunately, with a crazy busy schedule, sometimes it’s the family time that has to give. Thankfully, my husband and kids don’t complain too much about eating fast food…over and over again.
______________________________________________

Visit Kimberly Derting: 


Books by Kimberly Derting:



Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...