Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cinder and Ella by Melissa Lemon


Title: Cinder and Ella
Series: None
Author: Melissa Lemon
Publisher: Bonneville Books
Expected Publication: November 8th 2011
Pages: Paperback, 208 pages
Rating: 3 - Fair enough.

Source: Requested at Net Galley

Goodreads

Summary:


After their father’s disappearance, Cinder leaves home for a servant job at the castle. But it isn’t long before her sister Ella is brought to the castle herself—the most dangerous place in all the kingdom for both her and Cinder. Cinder and Ella is a Cinderella story like no other and one you'll never forget.

Review:

We all know Cinderella’s story. Where there is a fairy godmother who would save our heroine, Two evil step sisters and a step mother who ruined our heroine’s life. And glass shoes that saves her from that evil family and of course a charming Prince who would come to save the day and will have a happily ever after ending. Well..FORGET THAT.

Cinder and Ella is not a fairy tale story we all know. Cinder and Ella are sisters. There was no prince( well not really) , no fairy godmother and no step sisters and mother and no glass shoes.
Cinder and ella belonged to a happy family that consist six members. A mother, father and four sister. They lived happy so far as the story starts until one night the prince arrived to and bewitched their father’s mind and one night he disappeared. Making his family worried and wonder if he still lives. Soon after that, their love for each other has banished and replaced by selfishness and greed. Katrina being the eldest among the four is used about getting what she wanted. Cinder became the servant of her own family , Ella became a stranger and invincible having no one but her beloved sister Cinder to notice her existence and Beatrice is growing to be spoiled brat just like her eldest sister who is used of being served their whole lives. Their mother is busy mending her job and only noticed the three sisters and truly forgotten Ella.

The prologue itself was enough to grab my attention. Knowing what the classic Cinderella tale was. I considere trying this twisted story. At first I don’t understand as to why the prince would actually want Ella either. The plot was a mystery even at first chapter. But all I could do is to read and read and find out why and what did our heroine had done. I was skeptical that maybe I wasn’t really paying much attention. And I was about to go back to page one just so I could understand it fully. But then I decided that maybe I was too early for me to do so since I haven’t even finish half way. So I played detective and maintain the question mark on my head.

The plot was slow. The first half of the book is about introductions and stuff. Nothing interesting going on so far and not much action so I was tempted to skip that part and jump down to the real action scene. But that would ruin the story. The plot was finally revealed in the middle. Even so, the mystery wasn’t solved.

The characters are okay. Villains...well they remain villain and I hate them. The story lacks of action. I kept on yawning and my brain wants to stop reading. But the only thing that drives me from reading are the questions. I wanted to know what happened and how will they solve the problems. In the end the ending wasn’t satisfying. Not all questions was answered. And it just ends up like that like a ‘click’. I was eagerly waiting for the battle between the heroine and the villain. But I didn’t know that by just a single threat the villain will back away. All I could say is. It is indeed not the classic Cinderella with a happy every after. But a different story with no happy ending.
'

Kay-c



Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...