Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Long Weekend by Savita Kalhan

Title: The Long Weekend

Author: Savita Kalhan

Publisher: Andersen Press

Rating: 4 stars 

Sam focused.
Gradually, he made out the words. Words he didn't particularly want to hear. Maybe that's why his ears weren't working properly. They knew he didn't want to hear what Lloyd was saying. But he heard the words, and once he'd heard them he couldn't get them out of his head.
'Isn't this your car we're riding in?'

Sam and his friend, Lloyd did one simple but fatal mistake when they got into a sparkling white Mercedes after school, each one thought the car belonged to the other's father. The car took them to a huge mansion filled with up-to-date gadget and games where they tried to fool themselves that it was a surprise party. Surprise indeed. Trapped in the middle of nowhere, chased by lunatic and armed with nothing but his own wit, Sam determined to get him and Lloyd out of there in one piece.

Written in simple prose, The Long Weekend plunged me into the scariest nightmare anyone could have. Only one stupid mistake led to series of terrifying experiences. I'm not really a fan of horror, but I like psychological books and I don't mind that kind of horror (I love Silence of the Lambs!). This one falls into that group, imo.There wasn't anything too graphic so it's quite suitable for teenagers. However the tension and the horror of being chased and the possibilities of what would happened if they were caught was almost unbearable. My eyes were glued to the pages and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. Luckily this book was quite short, even more I read it on weekend so it only took awhile for me to savor it; but even so I still think about it for awhile after I read it. The message in this story is powerful and I love it.

Those who love good thriller and looking for a short reading - but still powerful - you should read this book. It was great!

Lynossa
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...