Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Ask and The Answer (Chaos Walking #2) by Patrick Ness

Title: The Ask and The Answer (Chaos Walking #2)

Author: Patrick Ness

Publisher: Walker Books

Rating: 4 stars

This is the second book of Chaos Walking trilogy. If you haven't read the first book I suggest you to not continue reading this. You can read my review on The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) instead.

My hearing's still gone so I feel it more than hear it, feel the rumble thru the dirt, feel the air pulse with three hard vibrashuns, one right after the other, and I see the Mayor turn his head suddenly back toward the town, see Davy and all the Spackle do the same.
More bombs.
In the distance, toward the city, the biggest bomb that've ever exploded in the history of this world.

Trapped in Haven, Todd would do anything to keep Viola alive, including followed everything Mayor Prentiss asked him to do. Meanwhile, separated from Todd, Viola was under the care of Mistress Cole. When Mistress Cole decided to stand up against Mayor Prentiss and re-created The Answer, Mayor Prentiss replied back with The Ask. Todd and Viola wedged between the feud and had to decide which side they were on. Until they realized no one on their side, and they had to stand up from themselves.

After reading the first book, the weird misspelling no longer bother me. I'd also made several mental preparation of what I might encounter in this book. I must say the preparation worked because the book is bleak and depressing. It wasn't bad or anything, it just very depressing because everytime there was a hope, it was crushed over and over again. Most of the time I felt annoyed with Todd; he seemed couldn't decide what he should do and he couldn't control his temper all the time. However it was quite understandable as Viola is his anchor and when she's not there with him, he was lost. It was sad how he insecure he was; how he constantly worried that Viola left him . But I get it that underneath all that, he was a sweet boy and he was hurt as much as he hurt others.

I wish the last book will be brighter and give me some happy ending because it was just depressing despite still being awesome. For those who have read the first book and wonder whether you should read the second or not, I think you should but prepare yourself for the emotion ride that Mr. Ness seems to be good at creating it.

Lynossa
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...