Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Stranger You Seek by Amanda Kyle Williams


Title: The Stranger You Seek

Author: Amanda Kyle Williams

Publisher: Random House

Rating: Three-and-a-half stars

"The papers have called me a monster. You’ve either concluded that I am a braggart as well as a sadist or that I have a deep and driving need to be caught and punished."


A letter was sent to police, taunting them, mocking them to capture the serial killer who has brutally murdered three people, at least, as far as they know. Keye Street, a recovering alcoholic addict ex-FBI profiler was asked by her long-time friend Rauser to help him solve the case, but then the murder acknowledged her and contacted her. It's one thing to get involved in a case but it's another thing to have it get into your life. Was is someone she knew? Will it draw her back to her addiction?


I'm a huge fan of serial killer stories, I've watched Criminal Minds, I've read Hannibal the Cannibal series, and planning on getting my hands on Mr.Ripley's series. When I saw this book on NetGalley, I knew I had to read it, the blurb offered the things that I liked in serial killer stories. The story was written in first-person POV which sometimes can be annoyed but the annoyance is quite limited in here. Even though Keye Street is a selfish arrogant with a tendency to push herself to the limit, she's a reliable narrator and a good observant so I could imagine the situation quite well. The killings were described in details, although not to the point of gory so it's quite safe. Even though the story isn't as depth in profiling serial killer as I would like it to be, it was good and believable. There are a lot of things I knew already either from Criminal Minds or my simple googling session after watching the series, but there are things I didn't know as well and it was fun to read. Well, not exactly fun but you know what I mean.

I think fan of darker mystery, serial killer cases, Criminal Minds might enjoy this book.


Lynossa
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...