Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (4)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title, and author too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Lyn's Teaser:
Freefall (Tunnels)Chester noticed that there was a glint in his friend's eye, and that meant trouble. 'So help me, Will, if you...' he said, interrupting him, but he never completed the sentence.
Will turned the second tracker on and following in his father's footsteps, he broke into a run towards the void.
He flung himself from the edge.

Freefall (Tunnels #3) by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams


Both Kayz and Mithee are busy with their exams; that means I'm controlling managing the blog by myself for now. So what's your teaser? 

Share/Save/Bookmark

10 comments:

Nina B. said...

Is this book any good? If you are going to write a review about this, I'll be looking forward to it.

By the way, here's my Teaser Tuesday

Lynossa (Deranged Book Lovers) said...

So far so good. But this is the 3rd part of a series, I suggest you start with the first one: Tunnels. I'll be posting review for Tunnels in few days ahead.

Interesting teaser!

Jim Manheim said...

Sorry, fresh out of virtual cupcakes!

"This being Russia, a nation of busybody peasants thrust into an awkward modernity, some idiot will always endeavor to spoil your good fun. And so the neighboring bisnesman, a sunburned midlevel killer standing next to his pasty girlfriend from some cow-filled province, starts in with 'Now, fellows, why do you have to sing like African exchange students? You both look so cultured'--in other words, like vile-looking Yids--'why don't you declaim some Pushkin instead?'"

--Gary Shteyngart, Absurdistan, p. 6

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful teaser! Have a great reading week!

Teaser Tuesady: From the Dead by John Herrick

Alayne said...

Hmm well that's interesting! Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Anonymous said...

Here is my teaser from Out of Touch by Brandon Tietz (Page vii):

I used to be the kind of guy that would have no problem reading Playboy or Hustler on an airplane, but that me in "the before," and nearly everything has changed since that time in my life a little over a year ago.

This is not a coming of age story.

If that's what you're wanting then I suggest you put this down and read something else: something with a happy ending. Like Penthouse.

Or: the funny pages.

This is me giving you your official warning.

Because where this goes, you might not be ready for.

Celine said...

I don't even know the book, but your teaser makes me really excited to read this series.

My teaser is about The Killing Dance by Laurell K Hamilton over here

Miss Page-Turner said...

Sounds like an adventurous read! Never completed sentences are dangerous:D
Here is my Teaser!

And don't forget to check out my giveaway. You can choose 1 out of 6 2011 release novels to pre-order. It ends Jan 3rd and is open internationally. Just click...HERE!

Lynossa (Deranged Book Lovers) said...

@Jim, interesting choice! Is that fiction?
@Tribute Books Mama, that sounds like a start of a very rough journey. Do you enjoy the book?
@Miss-Page Turner, great giveaway! I think I'll sign up!

BLHmistress said...

oh man , I wanna know what happens. let me know when you review I am interested if this is a good one to add to my tbr list.

My Tuesday Teaser

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...