Event on The Blog

None at the moment!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Katrina - The Beginning


Title: Katrina - The beginning
Author: Elizabeth Loraine
Series: Royal Blood Chronicle #1
Publisher: Arraiis, Inc.
Pages: 336 pages (e-copy)
My Rating: 3 Fair

Amazon | Book Depository | Goodreads

Source: A copy was provided in exchange of Review

Summary

The High Regent has called members of each royal vampire family to Council. Katrina Von Dracek wonders what this will mean to her.
Does the Council really intend to send the young royals to start a new coven in the Americas or is there something else?
All Katrina's vampire senses tell her evil is all around them and that she will be the one called upon to save them all.


Review:

Katrina - The beginning had me hooked right in the beginning. I honestly thought that this would be another vampire story but I was wrong all along. I shouldn't have judged it.

Katrina - is a seventeen year old royal vampire. She's independent, strong and wise for her age.
She grow up not knowing where her mother or any details about her. She just assume she's long dead and her father still mourn her. She grow up with her watchers - Quinn, Simon, Gutner, Thomas, Avery, Cedrick, and Gregor who are human as there are people who swore to protect their kind. They help her train to be good vampire and how to protect herself and discover her gift that she could use.
One day her father decided to go to a ball for the councils meeting she met her Rosalinda (Rosa), Eleanor (El) and Arletta (Letta) and made friends with them.

I like the characters all are nice and wise. I even love the idea about humans and vampires living peacefully except that there or will be someone who opposed it. It's unavoidable since to make a story good is. Someone has to be bad but that's what I like about this story anyway.
Each vampire has their own unique gift that they could use to any kind of situation after all its theirs. They could use it as a weapon or anything they want to do with it. Elizabeth put all the paranormal beings in one book which I find exciting. Wizards. Witches. Fairies? you name it.

There is one things that annoyed me while reading Katrina;
And last is the pace of the story is too fast, no futher details of explanation about certain situations which I'm not use to so its a bit hard for me to catch up because I'm adjusting at the same time. I'm not so sure about about how the character feels or thoughts. It just happened so fast that it left me wondering as the scene changes to another. Getting myself to disregard the fast pace is kinda hard. And because of this I think the story is rushed.
Overall the story is good. It would be more enjoyable and exciting if Elizabeth explained the story further.

Kay-c
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How about virtual cupcakes in exchange for comments? (^_^)
Update: We're no longer accepting award. It was fun but we have no time to do it, thanks ~ *give cupcakes*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...